How to Develop an Investor-Appreciating Pitch Deck
Do you have a million-dollar idea? Are you looking for the appropriate investor to help you grow your company internationally? If you are, producing the Perfect Pitch Deck will be a critical step in your fundraising journey. This pitch deck, on the other hand, must be visually spectacular and appealing. Continue reading to learn how to create the perfect company pitch deck.
The pitch deck is an integral part of the start-up survival process in today's world. As a growing company, how engaging and intriguing yours is might make a major difference in securing the funding you need to get off the ground and have a chance to build something of yourself.
A great pitch deck is a valuable asset for any company wanting to raise capital and take the next step.
What is a pitch deck, exactly?
A pitch deck is a marketing presentation style used by start-ups to give potential investors, partners, or customers information about their firm. It usually contains details on the company's business plan, the nature of its product or service, its competitors, and its employees.
What should be included in a pitch deck?
- Information about the company
Begin by learning the essentials. It may seem self-evident, but you must identify yourself to your audience. Include your company's logo, name, and contact information, including your phone number and email address. You must make yourself accessible to potential investors. That's difficult to do if you don't offer the basic information they'll need to find and contact you.
- The Problem
What is the purpose of your company? What are you attempting to resolve? Who does it have an effect on? And what difference does it make? With your pitch deck, you need to convey a sense of urgency.
Be able to highlight a pressing, relevant issue that a large number of prospects face. At this point, if you can't demonstrate that you're solving a real, pressing problem, your potential investors will most likely tune out or dismiss your pitch deck.
- The Solution
So, you've established that there's a genuine issue affecting a valuable market. You must now demonstrate how your product or service, in particular, may be utilized to solve the problem. Here’s where you paint a broad picture of your value proposition. What exactly does your solution entail? Don't get too wrapped up in explaining specifications and features; instead, give a high-level overview in this part.
- Describe your business model
Investors want to know how you plan to get customers and make money, which is kind of the idea of investing in a business in the first place. The character of this section, however, is somewhat variable. Your business model will most likely evolve as you grow and face new obstacles. The idea is to show a clear path that exhibits your ability to think critically and prepare strategically. Demonstrate to your investors that you're intelligent and business-savvy – the concept isn't set in stone, after all.
- Competitor Information
Who are your main rivals? How do you measure up to them? What services do they provide for your target audience? What is the size of your whole market? Give your potential investors a sense of what they're getting themselves into.
Then, describe how you have a competitive advantage. Demonstrate what you have that the other side lacks. Investors want to know that you'll be able to stand out from the crowd, so show them that you won't be one of them.
- Specifications and Advantages of the Product or Service
This is where you get a little more specific with your features. See if you can demonstrate how your product or service works in practice. Images are a great method to help with this. Depending on the nature of your product or service, use mediums such as screenshots, schematics, plans, or even real images.
- A Budget Projection
This is one of the most important aspects of a successful pitch deck. The literal objective of investing is to make money, therefore it's no surprise that investors desire to make money. You must demonstrate that your business is financially feasible.
Include meaningful KPIs that demonstrate what it will take to break even and, eventually, profit. Investors are looking at your pitch deck for a reason, and that reason is to determine the possible return you can provide. This is when you paint a clear image for them of what that could be.
- Team Background Information
Investors are not only interested in your product or service, but also in you. You must demonstrate your trustworthiness and competence. Include information about yourself, your team, your experience (both yours and theirs), and any relevant awards your team members have received.
Put investors at ease by demonstrating that their funds will be placed in capable and prudent hands.
- Details on Other Stakeholders
One of the best methods to gain investor confidence is to assure them that they would be in good company if they invest. Being able to brag about significant contributions from previous investors will help VCs see your pitch deck as less risky.
The points listed above must be addressed, but they won't help you much unless they're delivered with style, cohesion, and grace. Let's look at some ideas for making yours more entertaining and insightful.
Factors to Consider When Designing
- Make certain that all of your slides are readable and legible.
- Use fonts and text that are large, simple, and bold.
- To improve readability, use a strong contrast against the background.
- Don't jam too much information on each slide.
Simplicity is important.
- Make sure your slides are straightforward and easy to follow.
- Only present one concept for each slide.
- Keep your presentation to a maximum of 10-15 slides.
- Assess out whether your slides can be understood in a single glance.
- Don't include anything that will draw attention away from the task at hand.
- Make sure to express all of your thoughts clearly.
- All of your infographics should have clear titles and headings.
Templates for Pitch Decks
- Canva- Canva is a good solution for any firm that wants to make visually appealing pitch deck slides without having to learn design or spend a lot of money. It's a simplistic, easy-to-use tool with a selection of pitch deck slide designs.
2.HaikuDeck- HaikuDeck is another easy-to-use design method that includes usability and power. It has a user-friendly interface and a variety of presentation templates, including ones for appealing pitch decks.
- Slidebean- The extensive library of pitch deck designs sets Slidebean apart from similar tools. It truly offers a series of unique, proven-effective routes for new enterprises to take, based on presentation forms taken directly from successful start-up pitches by a wide range of organizations.
It truly offers a series of unique, proven-effective routes for new enterprises to take, based on presentation forms taken directly from successful start-up pitches by a wide range of organizations.
- Google Slides- Google Slides is one of the most popular tools in the GSuite, and for good reason. It's a simple, no-nonsense approach that almost every start-up can use. Google Slides is one of the better solutions for organizations with respect to creating pitch decks, with hundreds of template integrations available online.
- Beautiful.AI – This is a stunning bit of software. AI is a presentation maker with a lot of intelligence. "It's an expert deck designer, so you don't have to be," they say. A start-up pitch deck will make you visualize your fundraising goals, whether you're looking for seed money, expanding your firm to meet demand, or starting to create new goods. Beautiful.AI contains a pitch deck template that is really simple to use.